Comodo I.S. update

muddypaws 10:01 27 Feb 09

New version ( to me anyway) of Comodo Internet Security Free. Version ending in .477.
Took 5 mins and requires a restart.
Can't see any obvious changes, but stand to be corrected.

Graphicool1 10:39 27 Feb 09

These are the free software programs that Comodo do:

FREE Comodo AntiVirus
FREE Comodo Firewall
FREE Comodo Internet Security
FREE Website Authentication
FREE Email Security Certificate
FREE Comodo SecureEmail

Stuartli 10:39 27 Feb 09

Comodo Firewall Pro was updated yesterday.

Stuartli 10:40 27 Feb 09

I gather muddypaws already uses Comodo - it's the version that's new to him...:-)

Graphicool1 10:46 27 Feb 09

If you're uncertain as to the validity of Comodo updates and want answers in a hurry click here These people will know and put you right pronto.

muddypaws 11:52 27 Feb 09

"Stuartli.I gather muddypaws already uses Comodo - it's the version that's new to him...:-)"

Correct. I just put the thread in as others do for Spybot etc. updates.
Graphicool1.
Thanks for info anyway.

Graphicool1 12:37 27 Feb 09

I use Comodo Firewall myself, I'm sure it's good at what it does. But even so, I find it to be somewhat overpowering, officious and aggressive. The new version of Spyware Terminator is also seems to be emulating Comodo's attitude. I would prefer them to be more in the background and self-affacing, like AVAST.

Also, further to this neither of them seem to like AVAST even though I have given them the information that AVAST is one of the good guy's. They still try and stop it going about its lawful business.

provider 2 13:04 27 Feb 09

I think there is a problem here that`s mainly to do with the number of Comodo products, what they consist of, and what they are called.

I have Avast which I have no intention whatever of getting rid so I thought installing Comodo Internet Security would be a mistake, since it has an AV component that would inevitably conflict with Avast, so opted for the Firewall only.

The update before last, however, put a startup key called cfp into Windows startup (in msconfig) that caused the splash screen to come up when windows started ... the firewall key (also called cfp) was there already. The difference between them only came to light when Marko 797 suggested using Ccleaner Tools/Startup for more information.

I disabled CIS startup which seems to have cured the unwanted splash screen at startup but yesterday I also had the offer of another CIS update which I have not yet installed. What would be the point of installing an update for a program (CIS) that I don`t have?

I`ve put a question in the Comodo forum about this but as yet had no definitive reply.

Stuartli 14:07 27 Feb 09

Yesterday's update was for Comodo Firewall Pro (at least in my case).

Stuartli 14:16 27 Feb 09

>>put a startup key called cfp into Windows startup (in msconfig)>>

cfp, of course, represents Comodo Firewall Pro...:-)

If there are two entries, just delete one of them and only the Comodo Notification bar icon will appear.

You can open the configuration screen if required by right clicking on the icon and selecting Open from the menu.

provider 2 14:31 27 Feb 09

Stuartli,

I think this cfp , the name I mean, stands for Comodo Firewall Pro in the first case ... no problem.

In the second case it does not. According to Ccleaner Tool/Startup it is the startup key for Comodo Internet Security.

The reason I say this is that immediately after I disabled it in Ccleaner, I went to msconfig where I found the second cfp had been moved to the bottom of the list and the tick removed from the box.

What I`m saying is that the are not the same thing, even though they do have the same name in msconfig.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…