Comodo I.S scan wont stop!

muddypaws 15:32 04 Mar 09

Anyone having problems with Comodo Free Internet Security today?
Started a scan some two hours ago. It appeared to get stuck near the end on "system 32/drivers/isapnp.sys".
There was no CPU usage being shown. Objects scanned were 719876 and didn't change for 15 mins.
I have been trying to stop it, but it refuses.
The pause and stop buttons are greyed out.
Every time I try to exit on the x it asks me if I want to stop the scan.
It was Ok a few days ago.
Update problem?

Marko797 15:33 04 Mar 09

ctrl/alt/del and stop it in task manager.

muddypaws 15:34 04 Mar 09

And nothing shown in Task Manager applications.

muddypaws 15:35 04 Mar 09

Marko797
We crossed there.

Marko797 15:36 04 Mar 09

looking for it under processes, not applications. If u end anything that has cfp, cmdagent or cis then that should solve it.

muddypaws 15:44 04 Mar 09

Marko797
Didn't think of via processes.
The only entry was cfp.exe which I ended and scan stopped. Now programme wont open via Programme Files>Comodo>cfp.exe
Going to reboot and come back.
Thanks.

muddypaws 16:00 04 Mar 09

Marko797
Comodo restarted after reboot and has just done an update.
Started a brief scan and it stopped OK.
Any idea what "system 32/drivers/isapnp.sys".
is? In case that caused the problem.
Web search revealed nothing..

Marko797 16:07 04 Mar 09

seems all is ok then? No idea what the 'system32' thing is. Googling brings up all kinds of stuff, not worth analysing or worrying about, unless it keeps happening. Hopefully, just a one off.

muddypaws 16:08 04 Mar 09

I agree.
Thanks for help.

provider 2 16:09 04 Mar 09

muddypaws,

I have to say that I think CIS may not be all that good an idea, for this reason: Comodo AV looks to me very like a work in progress rather than a finished prog requiring only virus database updates and the occasional program update. This seems to be the opinion in the Comodo free forums, anyway, where all sorts of problems are emerging.

I think it might be an idea to uninstall the whole kit and caboodle (using RevoUninstaller, perhaps), then revert to the firewall and Defence+ only (see FileHippo) and let Avast 4.8 Home (free) handle the AV side of things, which I think is much more effective and trouble-free anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac