Comodo Firewall upgrade

Belatucadrus 15:51 28 Oct 08
Answered

Has anybody noticed that the often recommended Comodo Firewall has had a rather significant upgrade, now comes as COMODO Internet Security an all in one suite with AV chucked in click here# . For those that don't want the additional AV, the stand alone firewall is still being hosted at mirror sites like Snapfiles, FileHippo and MajorGeeks.
I'm downloading it now and I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Stuartli 16:53 28 Oct 08

Comodo's Firewall Pro 3.0 is still very much available on its website:

click here

The link is near the bottom of your own link under Industry Awards.

Belatucadrus 17:17 28 Oct 08

Interesting, the links weren't connecting to the old Firewall when I posted, they transfered you to the suite page.
I'll still come back when I've had a chance to play with it.

Belatucadrus 13:37 29 Oct 08

Initial thoughts are that it's a very neat simple package. It's passed eicar and all the firewall tests I've run with flying colours. It also appears on the face of it to have a very light RAM footprint.
On the down side, while there are plenty of adjustments you can make to the system protection in the overall package. The areas of specific adjustment within the AntiVirus appear slightly simplistic. Certainly the Beta 2 Antivirus was more adjustable to suit an individuals tastes. Some people however may think this is a plus not a negative.
I'm also not sure about e-mail coverage, the stand alone Beta certainly scanned incoming and outgoing messages the new version doesn't appear to and I've downloaded the user guide and can't find any reference to it there either.
While it's not yet been submitted to VirusBulletin, Comodo have a good reputation and it's the only free Suite I know of, so I'll keep running it on the laptop to see how it progresses.
While both are still confusingly hosted on click here there is now clear differentiation between them and both Firewall and Internet Security can be downloaded. So it can now be seen as an alternative rather than a replacement.
Should anybody still make the error and end up with two AVs, the Internet Security suite uninstaller has an add remove option that allows the deletion of the AV or Firewall components individually.

Belatucadrus 01:11 04 Nov 08
Answer

Well it's only been a week, but I like it and it looks like it's staying on the lappie for the foreseeable future. I'll close this thread for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017