Comodo firewall update problem

Dumble452 09:06 21 Feb 09

After installing the latest updates I am prevented from accessing my computer running Windows XPsp3. The user icons all request a password, which is impossible to comply with since no user passwords have been set up. Access is then denied. The only way I have been able to resolve this problem has been to restart XP in safe mode then use system restore to return to a time prior to the updates being installed. Is anyone else having similar problems?

john bunyan 09:27 21 Feb 09

No problem here - also on Free Commodo updated yesterday, on XP SP3.

john bunyan 11:12 23 Feb 09

See my thread re possible virus. My AVG8 on 20th reported viruses in c:\Programmes\Comodo\ but not on 21st. I think that AVG was not aware of the comodo changes, and gave a false positive.Did you solve your problem?

Dumble452 15:20 23 Feb 09

No. I tried re-installing the updates but still had the same problem and had to use system resore again.

john bunyan 16:17 23 Feb 09

Glad you got it going. Clearly there were some bugs in the update. My system seems ok now and AVG does not report the (false?) viruses.

Dumble452 08:07 12 Jun 10

I uninstalled Commodo and changed to Zone Alarm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…