Comodo firewall question

jackamo321 22:07 06 Nov 08

Hi im having a problem, i am getting hundreds of intusion attempts through my comodo firewall, all from the same source and i was wondering if anyone knew whether this is safe to unblock or not?

[IMG]click here[/IMG]

brundle 22:35 06 Nov 08

Intrusion from a private IP address? (192.168.0.3)
Using a router? Sharing information on a network amongst 2 or more machines on that network, via ther router?

jackamo321 22:37 06 Nov 08

Well i was wondering whether i was being hacked or something. Im not sharing anything over my network and im using wireless if that helps.

brundle 22:39 06 Nov 08

192.l68.x.x addresses are private, coming from systems connected to your router on the LAN side, nothing to worry about.

jackamo321 22:41 06 Nov 08

ok thanks, what are the destination IP's? are they just what it is trying to connect to?

Rahere 12:23 07 Nov 08

Yes the IPs are other computers/servers.

In the case of anything in the 192.168.x.x range is on your local private network - your router will be one, your pc and any other pcs/devices will have their own local addresses in that number range.

From your screen shot your pc is 192.168.0.3 and another possibly the router is 192.168.0.2 - the column header will tell you which is calling which.

Any numbers out of this range are out on the internet - you can check who they are by using a Whois lookup. type that into google and see who the address belongs to - DON'T type the number directly into the browser address bar in case it's a bad site that it looking to infect you!

jackamo321 16:31 07 Nov 08

All of the IP's it was contacting were like server companies etc, like click here. So i have unblocked. Thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…