Comodo firewall Pro 3.0 anti-virus. Conflict?

Bentbolt 14:03 28 Jan 09

I have Steganos anti-virus 2009 installed on my XP home SP3. No problem.I would like to try the Comodo firewall but it appears to have an anti-virus built in. Would this conflict with my Steganos install? At the moment I have ZoneAlarm free firewall,again, no problem.Unlike ZoneAlarm Pro which I had but that became a massive headache. Thanks. Bentbolt.

Belatucadrus 14:39 28 Jan 09

Running two AV products isn't a good idea and they can clash disastrously. You can however deselect the the AV component of Comodo during the install routine, or if you forget, uninstall it using the Comodo uninstall wizard.

provider 2 15:33 28 Jan 09

I don`t think installing the Comodo firewall by itself would be a problem. It comes with something called Safe Surf, however, which turns out to to be more of a buffer over-run protection thingy than a website checker, though it does install ann Ask.etc toolbar that I don`t like much and the security assessment are not the easiest to make sense of.

click here

I would suggest you skip (optional) that part of the install. Uninstalling Zone Alarm completely can be a bit of a problem and you may have to use the RevoUninstaller.

(No conflict with Avast.)

provider 2 16:03 28 Jan 09

Comodo Safe Surf is an option in the update to v. 3.5.57173.439 now I come to think about it.

FileHippo gives 3.0.24.368 as the latest version.

Bentbolt 16:07 30 Jan 09

I've downloaded the Comodo firewall but havn't installed it yet but will soon. My thanks to all who answered my query, you've all been a great help. Bentbolt.

provider 2 16:23 30 Jan 09

You`re welcome.

Forgot to mention that if you do decide to give Comodo Safe Surf a try, then don`t like it, disabling through Manage Add-ons is easy enough and you still retain the buffer over-run protection (or so it says in the help file).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos