Comodo Firewall Help

Tick Tock 3 19:23 18 Oct 06

Trying this new firewall.In the activity connections
window i see svchost.exe is listening on port 135,should this be blocked as i have seen someware that this port is where trojans get through.Any thoughts please.

birdface 20:50 18 Oct 06

Hi Tck Tock 3. Svchost.Exe Is Microsoft ,And should be safe.

VoG II 20:52 18 Oct 06

Agreed click here

birdface 20:54 18 Oct 06

If you open Comodo, Click the activity button, Scroll down to Svchost.Exe, And left click mouse, It will tell you underneath, What program they are from,

Tick Tock 3 14:42 19 Oct 06

Thanks it seems it has to run so i will not block it.

Tick Tock 3 15:30 20 Oct 06

After installing IE7 it does not show up in the application monitor window,but shows in the activity window and when asked to connect for the first time IE7 was described as a invisable program by the alert popup window.A bit confused by that one.

birdface 16:20 20 Oct 06

Same here,Just allow it will be ok,If you dont it wont continue,Just been on Comodo for about 4 weeks,Still get the same things that you get,Still gets a bit confusing, At least you can right click them,To find out what system is sending them. But when it comes up microsoft,Unknown.That gets you thinking,Dont think I have let anything bye that i should not have, But that is just luck.

rdave13 16:34 20 Oct 06

After installing IE7 open comodo click on security tab and then run "scan for known applications". You will then need to close comodo and restart it.It will automatically create Internet access rules for these apps.

birdface 17:15 20 Oct 06

Thanks for that,Tried that. Will need to do that a bit more often.Thanks for the info,

Tick Tock 3 17:30 20 Oct 06

Yes thanks as well

rdave13 20:35 20 Oct 06

Another tip with comodo. If you have a new online game or demo and you get a black screen when loading and it seems to hang, then press ctrl+alt+delete for task manager. Click on the game and click on end task tab. This will bring you back to windows and show the comodo flag.
Check all that the firewall is temporarily stopping and if you're happy click allow.
The demo or game should run ok afterwards. On some programs you'll need to do this twice especially if a program like Gamespy is involved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos