Comodo Firewall

Mike D 08:14 23 Nov 07

I have been a happy user of Comodo for some time now, but this morning I was offered an update to Firewall Pro 3, which I OK'd. All seemed to be OK until the second restart, when I saw that my desktop had changed and my user account was missing, along with all my documents. OK, a swift system restore put me back to normal, so all is well.

Have any other users had similar problems?

Mike

Mike D 08:26 23 Nov 07

Lots of complaints about version 3 on Comodo's own forums.

barryoneoff.co.uk 08:33 23 Nov 07

I have noticed is that there is no icon in the task bar, which I do miss.

barryoneoff.co.uk 09:07 23 Nov 07

do a system restore and go back to the old version. I'll wait till the bugs are ironed out. PC Started doing a few weird things (like not closing right click menus), so went back to yesterday.

pcbobby 13:53 23 Nov 07

The 'learning' popup box appears nearly everytine you click the mouse!!

audeal 13:57 23 Nov 07

I installed it last night and I have had no problems. The only thing i have found is that there is no list of programs that I have either allowed or blocked and therefore can't change their settings.

gudgulf 14:57 23 Nov 07

Try looking in Firewall>Advanced>Network Security Policy>Application Rules to find your allowed programs.

Only installed V3 on my Vista system last night.

No problems at all with it up to now...and I do have the Taskbar icon.

I've had a look on the Comodo forums and it does seem a lot of people are having problems after upgrading from V2 or after uninstalling V2 and then installing V3.

This can't happen with Vista as V2 wasn't compatible and so I have a completely clean install.....maybe this is why mine is ok?

Mike D........Perhaps try uninstalling then running a search for and deleting any remaining Comodo files and folders,then run a registry cleaner such as CCleaner's Issues tool before installing V3,

Mike D 15:01 23 Nov 07

gudulf

I may try that when I have time. For the moment I intend to let sleeping dogs lie.

Thanks
Mike

So Afraid 15:17 23 Nov 07

On the comodo site they have brought out a update version from 3 xxx 266 to 3 xxx 268.

rdave13 15:41 23 Nov 07

Just updated to v3 through the old version on xp and everything's fine. Toying with the idea to disable defence + or not and just running the firewall. Will see how it goes.
Running fine on Vista.

audeal 16:10 23 Nov 07

gudgulf: I found them right where you said. Thanks for that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…