Comodo Firewall

Billawa 18:53 24 Aug 06

I run win XP (SP2) and installed Copmodo Personal Firewall from the October DVD edition of the magazine. All seemed well and it appeared to be working. However, when starting up the following day, all seemed normal until I tried to connect to the Internet (I use Firefox and Thunderbird). The system dialled up and then crashed. The "Blue Screen" flashed up with a note to check the hardware.

I finally worked out what the problem was. It seems that Comodo was not recognising the graphics card (ATI Sapphire Radeon X800GT) as the icon was missing from the system tray. Using System Restore to go back immediately before the Comodo installation cured the problem.

As an experiment I again tried installing Comodo with the same result. Any ideas what is happening other than a fault within the software of Comodo or the graphics card having a problem seeing the system?

rdave13 19:41 24 Aug 06

Try this, double click comodo icon on desktop, click security tab then double click on "scan for known application". After this has run close comodo window. Right click icon in system tray, highlight "personal firewall" and go to and click exit. This stops the firewall. To restart double click icon on desktop and click "show application window". Worth a try.

coolkid2 19:43 24 Aug 06

Just to say I recommend not using Comodo - it has caused lots of people many problems.

Billawa 21:13 24 Aug 06

Two interesting replies! Thanks to both of you. A pity that Comodo seems to cause problems as, on paper at least, it seems a good piece of software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…