Comodo antivirus any info on it?

j3nks 11:11 19 Aug 06

Recently took up Barclays offer of free F Secure anti Virus, I was using the full security suite previously so now looking at different firewalls. Currently trying Comodo one which seems very good so far and notice they do antivirus as well.
It appears it is still in the Beta stage.

Has/is anyone using the antivirus and how does it compair to other packages.

Also has anyone seen any reviews on the antivirus?

any info would be greatfully received

Belatucadrus 13:00 19 Aug 06

Comodo Anti Virus is an interesting project, unusual among freebies in that the project is funded by other Comodo divisions, not by sale of a Pro version. As a result it's not feature reduced, there appear to be no licence limitations for home or commercial users and can be installed on a network server.
I'm test running it on a backup machine and so far it's been fine.
On the down side, as you say it's a beta and there are a few niggles with the way some parts of it work, but the development team are on the ball and open to suggestions. The shield function is "On Access" which means that it will not stop you downloading infected files, but will step in when you try to run them. Not on a par with the best available.
It also remains untested by ICSA or VirusBulletin, so educated independent comment on how effective it is has yet to be provided.

FelixTCat 13:15 19 Aug 06

j3nks,

The firewall was a recent PC Magazine Online's Editor's Choice. Read the review here: click here

Regards,

Felix

tonyq 13:42 19 Aug 06

I seem to recollect seeing somewhere that there is a problem uinstalling Comodo. Might have been a one off,but something to watch out for.

dms05 14:30 19 Aug 06

I've been using Comodo's Firewall for many months and their A/V for 4 months. Both function well and I've had no problems with any infection. A very positive aspect to Comodo is they have email support even for their free products plus an office in the UK. They have always answered queries promptly and efficiently.

The A/V is indeed Beta and I am awaiting the outcome of a small problem I have with email scanning - however Comodo did respond and did say they would pass it onto their development team for resolution.

My experience of Comodo is excellent and they are a great deal better than many paid for support centres.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac