Comodo AntiSpam 2005

carryduff 18:56 02 Aug 07

I've just installed Comodo antiSpam 2005 but cannot connect to POP3 server. all incoming mail is being sent to my Yahoo mail instead. I know it's probably only a matter of configuring the program, but I can't find any direct access to anyone at Comodo to help. I've done all the activating codes etc but still can't connect with POP3, I will be grateful for any suggestions on the subject.

mfletch 19:06 02 Aug 07

Hi Did you import your address book this will allow all your email accounts through?

Selecting Your AntiSpam Passcode
The first initialization screen is where you enter your AntiSpam Passcode. Your Passcode is visible to unauthorized senders. Therefore, you should not use a Passcode or password that you also use for any secure account access (bank, website passwords, etc). Examples of good AntiSpam Passcodes include: BLUE, orange, poodle, LIGHT,… Your AntiSpam Passcode is not case-sensitive.

Please ensure that the AntiSpam Passcode which you enter in the Configuration screen does NOT match with the following keywords: Comodo, AntiSpam, Computer, Passcode, Email, Spam, Spammer, Alert, Authentication, Technology and Junk and should NOT be your name or e-mail address.

Importing Your Address Book
The second initialization screen is where you import your email address book. Simply select the email application you are using and press the import button. All addresses in your email address book will be imported to the Authentication Database and are designated as Allow Email From

mfletch

carryduff 20:41 02 Aug 07

sorry mfletch, still is'nt working. I uninstalled the complete program and Outlook Express worked fine but when I reinstalled, no connection to POP3 server.

mfletch 14:16 03 Aug 07

Hi,check your firewall settings is it allowing your anti spam access,

Did it allow access when you were setting the anti spam up for the first time?

mfletch

carryduff 15:18 03 Aug 07

Still no luck mfletch, I tried disabling the firewall but Outlook Express still won't work and i'm getting mail via BT Yahoo instead.

mfletch 17:19 03 Aug 07

Hi, Is it the web version of Yahoo you are using?

If yes it does not use POP 3 email protocol,

Sign up for a free service offered by Yahoo which allows you to use POP3 protocol with any email client. In order to subscribe to the free POP3 service offered by Yahoo, you will also have to agree to receive advertisements from Yahoo "partners" in your email box.

click here

mfletch

carryduff 20:52 03 Aug 07

Thanks mfletch, that finally did the trick, works fine now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5