Communication problem with Kyocera FS720 printer

anandale 17:25 25 Oct 05

When I plug my new Kyocera FS720 via USB to my new Fujitsu Siemens portable running Windows XP Home I get a message saying there is a harward fault - but the mouse works when connected to the same USB port. The printer works perfectly when connected to a Toshiba Tecra USB using the same cable. Installing the printer driver I first get a warning that the supplied software is not digitally licensed (or some such term) but the process continues only falling over when I click Finish. Downloading and installing the standard KX driver from the Kyocera website I find FS720 is not listed. Because the mouse works Siemens say there is a software problem. Kyocera say there is a hardware problem. Anyone any ideas what is wrong?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:48 25 Oct 05

Assuming you got a software CD with the Printer?

Uninstall all the drivers (in device manager) you have on for the printer and any software.

Unplug any other usb devices.

Uninstall the USB ports.

with the printer NOT plugged in reboot the laptop

XP with find and reinstall the USB ports

Install the software and printer drivers from the CD

and finally plug the printer into the USB port and see what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…