Communication with printer

capnsofa 12:51 14 Jun 05

My System is Windoes 98, to which I have connected a Lexmark Printer Z33. When installing a new black cartridge, in the box was a leaflet urging me to install an updated printer driver via the Lexmark website, which I promptly did.
However, I now find that I cannot print anything, getting messages that Communication cannot be made with the Printer, or a small screen appears, headed 'Print to File'. I have not seen this before and confess to not knowing either what this means or what to do. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but to no avail. Sorry if this sounds rather naive, but I would appreciate any help to get me back into printing mode again!!

howard60 19:28 14 Jun 05

try uninstalling the software via control panel then switching off and unplugging the printer. Restart and check that no printer is shown connected. Switch off again and plug in printer now when you boot it should be found and installed correctly.

woodchip 19:56 14 Jun 05

Go to Start\Settings\priters and tell me how many Printers are in the Printer folder

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…