Comments please on new website.

sikefula 14:28 08 Apr 07

The site is still under construction somewhat but expected to be live soon. Your comments will be greatly appreciated...and please don't hold anything back:click here

cheers!

p;3 05:51 09 Apr 07

I sincerely hope that if it is going live you will refrain from using/allowing those somewhat 'insulting' ads; and I think this may be a spamming thread; though willing to be proved wrong

p;3 11:03 09 Apr 07

may i suggest you stay away from those pop-in ads; and keep the web site 'clean' so that people can read what they wish to without ditraction

PurplePenny 12:16 09 Apr 07

I didn't see any "insulting" ads, what/where are they?

p;3 12:21 09 Apr 07

what is on there now is not what I saw earlier, and raised my suspisions about the site per se; and I did NOT take a screan shot of what I saw as I had no wish to remain there

cycoze 14:43 09 Apr 07

Do you mean the ads at the top of the page? if so they change every time the page is refreshed , it also looks like the ads come from mogale-city co za/ , which may have something to do with the hosting/subsidising of this site.

The nearest thing ad wise that i saw which could be misconstrued as insulting was one from a web design company stating "you are an idiot" which was just an attention grabber.

The site looks nice in my books, i find the animated ads are somewhat distracting though for a front page.

kindly 18:41 09 Apr 07

Looking at the site, it looks like its news orientated. Regarding the poll on the left side, is it a guessy game. All I see is a question "what is the answer" and the numbers 1,2,3,4.
Although I have family members in Africa I dont really look at sites promoting it.
While looking at it I did notice that a lot of the items are date marked so I guess you will have to spend some time on it on a daily basis updating things.
Apart from that, having a callender on it is handy and it looks set up cleanly. I am not the best of judges of good sites but only say what appeals to me. This can be seen when you look at my site click here
Good luck

sikefula 19:38 09 Apr 07

Cheers everyone for your comments,P.3..nothing to worry about,the final product will be strictly professional as changes,including your ones here, are taken into account.

Please keep the suggestions coming in,much appreciated!

Forum Editor 23:48 09 Apr 07

It might be better to hold fire on the inferences about 'insulting' ads and 'spamming thread' suggestions until you've had a proper chance to look.

The site looks fine to me so far, but in truth one can only judge a news-oriented site by its content when it's live.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…