//some 3rd party need geo

Comments please

IClaudio 19:51 03 Feb 04

My tenant handed in her notice on Saturday, and I have knocked up a very quick'n'dirty site advertising the flat wclick here

Do you have any brickbats or suggestions? It's very much work-in-progress (the local paper comes out on Friday with the site address, so it will need to be ready by then...) and, for example, I just quickly 'boshed' up the Form on the 'Contact' page a few minutes ago, and don't know if I really need it - it's just practise really.

Any comments gratefully received and acted upon!

Thanks for your time
Tony

IClaudio 19:52 03 Feb 04

Oh, and if you're interested, let me know that too ;)

PurplePenny 22:04 03 Feb 04

Looks just fine to me. I don't like the bouncing leaves on the nav buttons but that's just me! The photos are nice and clear, no spelling mistakes in the descriptions. The only thing missing is the rent, I couldn't see that anywhere - are you working on the theory that anyone who has to ask can't afford it? :-)

Penny

IClaudio 22:20 03 Feb 04

...thanks for your comments. The bouncing leaves are just part of an 'off-the-shelf' Style in NOF and I haven't altered it in any way. And I don't really have any inclination to do so unless I have a few spare moments.

Leaving the rent out of it was a concious decision, but one that I may change. In fact, you're right.... I shall go and change it right now, people need to know, I guess! For the record, it's £700 pcm.

'Spelling mistakes'...? I'll pretend I didn't hear that! ;)

Tony

joelmb 17:08 06 Feb 04

The images of the flat externally - dark clouds loom above! Photoshop a nice ble sky in would be my advice!

IClaudio 17:29 06 Feb 04

Yes, Joe, the dark clouds_were_Photoshop'd in...

I thought the dark clouds looked quite moody, sort of Lord-of-the-Rings-ish ;)

If I have time, I'll change that, thanks for your input.

Tony

Talented Monkey 19:03 06 Feb 04

you will be better of using an exterior or exceptionally good interior photo for the first page as a picture of a rose is not really going to make someone think wow that is a nice building i think ill look a bit more at it.

you need to grab peoples attention immeadiatly these days and a rose isnt really what peple are expecting to see!

IClaudio 19:12 06 Feb 04

by any other name...

But I've been looking for a way to use that rose picture for months :( - putting a picture of a flat on the front page is a little boring isn't it? I thought the rose might grab people's attention, and if people are looking for a flat, they'd persevere more than 3 seconds. However, I take your point! A flat it will be...

Cheers
Tony

Forum Editor 23:14 06 Feb 04

the rose should go - it bears no relation to the subject matter. Those dark foreboding skies should be dispensed with as well, they make the place look cold and uninviting.

My only other comment is that I dislike the green background. It too is less than inviting, and does nothing to create the positive, welcoming atmosphere that a sales aid should exude. Try a muted parchment colour, it always looks warm and classy.

Good luck with the letting.

IClaudio 00:47 07 Feb 04

Thanks for your comments everyone. The site is now white (maybe too white, but I'll look closer tomorrow)! Rolling back the dark clouds is going to take a few hours longer, but that'll be done tomorrow.

The rose?... I'm going to take a bit more convincing on that, but I have a couple of ideas brewing. As I said before, people are coming to this site only because they have been directed here from my ad in the local paper, so they know what they are going to see. The rose is just a little decoration, they won't be put off by it. But if I can get a more appropriate decoration, then so much the better.

Thanks for your input
Tony

PurplePenny 01:10 07 Feb 04

<mumble>I liked the green</mumble>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…