Comments about evesham

charlton200 15:47 21 Aug 04

Hi,
I am just about to replace my evesham pc.It is 3 years old and has been a nightmare, and will glad to see the back of it.

I am properly going to get a mesh this time.

But what I was wondering, was my evesham pc a one off, I would appreciate any comment on evesham.

Should I give them another try, or go with mesh.

ton 17:45 21 Aug 04

My son just spent 2 months trying to get a faulty NEW laptop put right.

They (EveSHAM)had it back 3 times.
They said they would only give a refund if we got a PC Technician to give a written report saying there was a fault.

He had to pay £50 to get this done, then eventually got the refund.

I've got no confidence in them.

son-of-a-gun 18:15 21 Aug 04

Your likely to hear both good and bad, people rarely tell about the good. Although I had more than my share of problems with my first Evesham, I'm now on my second although I was reluctant to deal with them again. What got my vote of confidence is the fact that they are more than willing to operate on an open case warranty.

Can you imagine what some of the PCs are like that have a 3 4 5 year warranty with stickers on the case which give a devoid warranty if broken.

bines 20:11 21 Aug 04

I've had several computers from Evesham over the years. I have been generally pleased with them all. The last one was faulty on arrival however but a technician arrived quickly and fixed it.

I have heard quite a few negative reports about Evesham from others but my own experiences have been generally good.

I do regret however that I can't go to their Evesham works and collect as I used to do. I resent paying huge carraige costs when they are only a car ride away! (something about the site not being intended for retailing - according to their local council. Sounds like yet another silly ruling from Brussels!)

spuds 21:39 21 Aug 04

There as been a good amount of Evesham posts running lately. If you put Evesham in the PCA search box, all will be revealed.

holly polly 21:39 21 Aug 04

I have the same problem with ebuyer ,orded some items same charge to move half a mile or half the country ,silly innitt!-regards-hol pol....

Flak999 22:01 21 Aug 04

I have had an Evesham for just coming up three years, it has not been without its faults but whenever I have had a problem it has always been delt with promptly and to my complete satisfaction I have found their customer service to be very good!

You pays your money an you takes your chance I guess!

charlton200 09:40 22 Aug 04

Thanks for all your comments.

I do know all about their support, as I have had to use it so many times, and except for being on hold for so long on the telephone , I have found them very good.

But what you really want is a computer without any faults and one that doesn't let you down to often.

I know one bad experience does not mean they are all like it.

SO I was hoping to hear of happy evesham buyers.

If there is not to many I will give mesh a try.

Thanks for your time

BARNSTABLE 13:42 25 Aug 04

I have had an Evesham for 3 years and have had no problems at all.In fact I am about to buy another one.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:48 25 Aug 04

'If there is not to many I will give mesh a try'...I think you will find a not too enthusiastic reply there. Both companies sell thousands of computers per year and the number odf complaints are a tiny proportion of the whole. You will find for every remark about bad service there will be one about good service.

Make your choice on the spec that you want from either company.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…