Commands

Anson 09:33 04 May 03

Pardon my ignorance but I keep seeing in the magazine in the Help Section "Try opening a command prompt". What is this, what does it do and how do I find it?

Anson

VoG™ 09:40 04 May 03

If you have Windows XP:

Start, All Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt

This is XP's equivalent of DOS.

If you type Help it will show you a list of available commands. Take care unless you are sure of what you are doing.

powerless 09:41 04 May 03

Windows XP.

Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Command Prompt

You can also run a few commands from RUN on the start menu and you can also use RuN to open the Command Prompt by typing:

CMD

The click ok and a Command prompt will open.

You can also use the RUN command to open a command prompt to run something by using:

CMD /K

For example.

Start > Run > Type

CMD /K sfc

Many more things as well.

cream. 09:46 04 May 03

No problem.

Command prompt means a dos screen or to work in dos.
i.e. c:
If your operating system is win 95 or win 98 you can access this within windows by clicking on the msdos prompt button in start \ programme files.

You can also access this from pure dos by selecting restart the machine in msdos in the shutdown menu.

If you use win X\P then you can access command prompt from start \ all programmes \ accessories \ command prompt.

I hope this is clear for you.

If you require any more help then post back as you are very welcome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…