Command prompt ans sfc/scannow

saasfee 13:55 23 Feb 06

When I attempt to run the Command Prompt and sfc/scannow I recieve the following message.'You must be running a console session in order to use the Windows Checker File utility'. Avice please. I was logged on as administrator.
Saas Fee

De Marcus™ 14:05 23 Feb 06

To run the system file checker you must click on start > run and type in cmd, hit enter.

From the command prompt you need to type: sfc /scannow and hit enter (not forgetting to put the space between the sfc and /scannow

De Marcus™ 14:05 23 Feb 06

aaahhh!

Sorry wrong info

Just sfc /scannow into the run box.

De Marcus™ 14:18 23 Feb 06

Strangely both methods work for me, perhaps they probably always have done.

rawprawn 16:21 23 Feb 06

It should work from both Run and cmd propmt. Make sure you have a space between sfc and /. In your first post it is wrong.

saasfee 12:24 24 Feb 06

Hi De Marcus and rawprawn,
Thanks for your advice which I have used but I am now being blocked by the following message.'You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use Windows File Checker utility' What does it mean.
Saas FEE

rômanab 14:16 24 Feb 06

You should only get that message if you are trying to run it remotely click here

rawprawn 16:09 24 Feb 06

saasfee, are you the Administrator, do you logon as Administrator or does someone else use the computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…