"command" "ipconfig" etc

Tazfan 13:30 20 Aug 03

Hi people.

When I type one of the above into Run, all that happens is that for a fleeting moment, the command box comes up on the desktop then vanishes without trace. I am unable to get it to show so I can use it.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

As always, thank you in advance for your time and your trouble.

spikeychris 13:33 20 Aug 03

Taz, you have to type command into run first then type ipconfig /all

Tazfan 14:10 20 Aug 03

Hey Chris.

When I type command and run it, I only get the box onscreen for a milisecond. I cant type anything anywhere LOL.

How you doing anyway?

spikeychris 14:41 20 Aug 03

Hello Tazfan I'm great thankyou mate, hows yaself?

click here and check out the 19:45 reply. I know that the problem is different but if you dont have %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBEM then it could be the problem.

Tazfan 15:54 20 Aug 03

Not to bad at all. Waiting for a date for surgery so thats a little worrying but cant complain really.

I amended the path you outlined, and it had made no difference. I cannot get the "DOS box" to stay on the screen. Typing netstat or any other command in the run box only brings the screen up for a few seconds. Its annoying.

All the "DOS box" does is to flash onscreen then vanish.

Any other suggestions?

I mite try a scanreg /restore and see if that makes any difference. That wont cause me to have to reinstall all the updates though will it?

Thanks for your contiued help on this.

spikeychris 17:47 20 Aug 03

Sorry Taz just got in from work. Yeah give scanreg restore a whirl, you won't have to reapply updates.

Take care and let us know how you get on..

spikeychris 18:17 20 Aug 03

BTW Tazfan type cmd /k ipconfig into run..it will give you the ipconfig.

Tazfan 20:05 20 Aug 03

LOL @ Chris. Id love to see what my IP address is (wanna monitor to see how often it changes), but as before,I type your command into run, and the screen only appears for a micro second.

spikeychris 20:11 20 Aug 03

How about start programs accessories command prompt?

spikeychris 20:16 20 Aug 03

Or go to C:\WINDOWS\system32 and run it from there.

david4637 20:22 20 Aug 03

I don't know what its for but I typed in the above commands and got the MSDOS box for about a second. Running W98SE. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…