Come in Tiscali BB users

jack 10:38 11 Nov 05

Next Weds I go to see one of my flock, who has installed Tiscali BroadBand and has some problems to resolve.
I shall read up recent tiscali posts and go armed. But one he has related in an E-mail is a puzzle.
He writes as if the Tiscalli software is a dedicated E-mail client such as AOL , is this so?
He currently uses Thunderbird and is in trouble transferring his address book he says.
As I say until next Weds I wont know what I am going to find- and not being on BB my self I will be in the dark there too. But going with a little knowledge may help the day.

keewaa 10:43 11 Nov 05

Check he isn't just confused by branding ... simply that Tiscali have added their name to IE / OE ...
Tiscali Outlook Express or Tiscali Internet Explorer.
AFAIK Tiscali uses OE for emails.

PaulB2005 10:45 11 Nov 05

Tiscali can use any POP e-mail client such as Outlook Express...

Gongoozler 10:52 11 Nov 05

I'm using Tiscali with Thunderbird with absolutely no problems. The latest version of the desktop shortcut probably links to Internet Explorer and Outlook Express, but there's no reason why a new shortcut shouldn't be set to link only to Tiscali ADSL in network connections, and Firefox or Thunderbird then instructed to use that connection. This is what my setup does.

The best way to be prepared is to have a good read of the various help items at Tiscali click here

Mike D 11:17 11 Nov 05

I'v4e used Outlook, Thunderbird and Opera to access Tiscali email, no problems with that (at least).

Mike

jack 11:39 11 Nov 05

Thank you one and all for that input
On that score at least I shall go forarmed.

Stuartli 12:30 11 Nov 05

You can easily import all IE and OE settings/configuration into Firefox and Thunderbird (its e-mail client).

In Firefox it's from File>Import and in Thunderbird Tools>Import.

In IE and OE you can remove the branding by using the Registry. See:

click here

To do it by using Start>Run, type in (cut and paste is better for accuracy) either:

rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear

rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,BrandCleanInstallStubs

Another method is to create your own "branding" by using SpywareBlaster (I have my own name, purely for vanity reasons you understand in the title bar) or clear IE and OE branding (for all identities or a selected identity), you could use this utility click here (a tiny utility download).

It allows you to clear the Window itle for selected Outlook Express identities or all of them with a single click.

Stuartli 12:31 11 Nov 05

This is likely to not be the only Tiscali problem you will have to resolve if past form and my experience and that of many others is anything to go by...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…