Combining video on a DVD

hastelloy 19:09 14 Aug 06
Answered

I have an external DVD burner for my PC and a HD DVD recorder. I use Nero 7 Premium to make DVDs.

I want to make a DVD with British Sign Language so it can be enjoyed by deaf people (I know I could put subtitles on but this isn't the same). If I have 2 separate files, 1 of the DVD content and the other of the signer, is there any way I can superimpose the latter on the former, or make a picture in picture version please?

woodchip 19:26 14 Aug 06

Don't think that is possible on a cheap Software setup. Not saying it cannot be done But think you would need some very good stuff to do it. You would have to pay out a fair bit for the software

woodchip 19:28 14 Aug 06

You should be able to Add sound cometary to the Video easy enough

FelixTCat 19:28 14 Aug 06

Marvin,

You need some video mastering software. "Home" versions are available from about £40 upwards and will do what you are seeking.

Regards,

Felix

David4637 20:01 14 Aug 06

You MAY be able to do it with Pinnacle Studio V943. This would be an overlay on the movie. Whether it will work - not sure?
You can definitely add sound to the movie. David

hastelloy 07:12 15 Aug 06

Thanks for all your responses. I'll have a look at some more software, particularly Pinnacle - is this likely to interfere with Nero? I know I can add commentary but this doesn't help for the deaf.
Many thanks.
Geoff

jbaker65 08:52 15 Aug 06

I believe uLead Video Studio 10 has the facility for picture in picture that could do what you want.

jbaker65 08:53 15 Aug 06
Answer

I should have added that you can download it as a time restricted trial to check before you decide to buy Video Studio 10

hastelloy 18:50 15 Aug 06

jbaker65
from the reviews I've read it looks as if the Ulead is more stable, easier to use and cheaper than the Pinnacle so I'll definitely use the free trial and then buy it - if its as good as it sounds. \thanks again.
Geoff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced