Combining PDF files

Pineman100 19:12 16 Jan 10

Does anyone know of any free software that will enable me to combine 32 different one-page PDF files into one 32-page PDF file?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Sea Urchin 19:22 16 Jan 10

Something to look at - MergePDF

click here

Sea Urchin 20:03 16 Jan 10

I had noticed that there is a limit of 10 files per "combination" but quite possibly you could create 4 files of 10, 10, 10 and 2 and then combine those into one.

An alternative might well be PDFRediredt V2 - I don't think it has any limit on the number.

Download from here (the top one is free):

click here

How to do it:

Scroll down to Merging Files

C:\Program Files\PDF reDirect\PDF_Help.htm

Sea Urchin 20:06 16 Jan 10

Don't know what went wrong with that last link - just click on Help menu when you've installed and look for How to Merge.

Sea Urchin 20:09 16 Jan 10

And one more choice

click here

beeuuem 20:43 16 Jan 10

PdfMerge from click here merge unlimited PDF files.

Pineman100 19:15 17 Jan 10

... I'll have a look at both of those.

Apologies for the delay in my reply - I've been away.

Thanks again for your help.

Pineman100 13:07 19 Jan 10

Well, many apologies for the delay in reporting back, but I've now had the chance to try all three of the suggested free downloads. The good news is that they will all merge and split PDF files very effectively.

However, there was one fact that I foolishly omitted from my original description of my needs - that is, the fact that the PDF's I want to concatenate are filled-in PDF forms. Only one of the packages seemed able to handle these, and it was PDF Sam (Sam = Split And Merge). This has a special check-box to click if the PDF's are forms, and it preserves the forms perfectly.

So, huge thanks to everyone for their advice and help. Job done!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now