Combining EXCEL & Powerpoint - Range Problems

cga 13:25 06 Sep 04

I want to combine some tables maintained in Excel into a Powerpoint document. I use the normal 'Insert object-from File'.
The strange thing is that it is clipping the range of cells inserted in a very strange way. The range is well within a printed page, a displayed page and the ability to display in the PP presentation.

As this to be a printed document I have tried it the other way but I can only link in Sheet 1 of the PP into an object in EXCEL.

Finally tried using Word as a master linking both in but with no better results.

This MS office 2002 SP3.

Any ideas from anyone how I can resolve this?

Thanks in advance

cherria 13:43 06 Sep 04

There used to be a problem with Powerpoint only being willing to display a certain width of Excel sheet, however I'm playing with Powerpoint and Excel right now and it seems quite happy to display everything.

One thing I did notice was that you need to make sure you're Excel sheet is closed before you link into it from powerpoint.

If you link from a file, you are right, it only links to sheet 1.

To get around this, yuo need to open the Excel sheet, copy the range and paste special -> paste link then celect Excel object.

cga 13:55 06 Sep 04

Thanks for your help - a solution.

I dont understand why the object insert would not work. It was cutting of colums L&M but many columns were quite narrow.

Anyway I got too focused on Insert Object & the Paste Special is the solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…