combine MSPublisher 200o booklets

Diodorus Siculus 08:58 18 Apr 04

I have a series of booklets which I created over the course of a year on various topics. Now I want to make them all into one booklet which can be printed as one with page numbers etc correct.

At present they are a series of 12 booklets of 24 pages each (A5 - i.e. A4 book folded) and I would like to make it into one big book with 288 pages.

Is there an easy way of doing this, other than creating a new template and making use of copy / paste?

Forum Editor 09:41 18 Apr 04

there's no way that Publisher can do this. I work with Publisher 2003, and a quick look through the options hasn't come up with a way round the problem.

Obviously you could copy the whole lot (all the booklets complete with any images)into a Word doc, create your template in Publisher, and then paste everything into the template. Publisher will happily flow the text and images into as many pages as it takes, but I'm sure you already know that.

Publisher will create the page numbers on the fly, because the Word doc will have created its own pages and your old Publisher page numbers will have gone (which is what you want to happen). The problem is that the resulting format won't be as you want it - Word will probably strew any lines and fancy formatting all over the place - you would have to edit your way through the entire book. Late versions of Word are pretty good with formatting, and you may get a pleasant surprise - don't hold your breath though.

I can't come up with anything more sophisticated than that I'm afraid.

Diodorus Siculus 10:38 18 Apr 04

Thanks for that; it was the conclusion that I had arrived at from a look at the help files as well as a google search.

I have actually begun the cut and paste and apart from being mind numbingly boring, it is working. Maybe a tenner to one of the kids will get it all done easier...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant