columns in works word processor

Vashti 21:50 15 Jun 06

When I have 2 or more columns in works word processor I cannot seem to jump from the first column to the second or any other without hitting enter all the way down to the bottom and waiting for the cursor to jump into the next column. What is the keyboard movement to enter another column?

Jackcoms 21:53 15 Jun 06

Tab?

Eric10 22:02 15 Jun 06

In Word it's 'Insert -> Break -> Column Break'. I would think it will be similar in Works.

Woolwell 23:12 15 Jun 06

I am not sure what you are trying to do. Eric10's solution will move you to the next column but the idea is that text fills one column and then starts the next like a newspaper. If you want text to go from one column then the next and so on you would be better off using tables.

Vashti 23:16 15 Jun 06

Many thanks for your help. It works. All I have to do now is sort out getting abckwards and forwards without shifting the text with me.

Vashti 23:17 15 Jun 06

I am afraid 'tab' did not work unless I was doing it wrong. Thanks for your interest anyway.

Vashti 17:00 16 Jun 06

Thank you woolwell. It does explain more clearly. I think you may be right. I was trying to put some text in one column and then move on to put a bit in another column. It was not working that way. I should use tables as you suggest. thanks.

Taff™ 17:24 16 Jun 06

Get a proper Office Suite click here Compatible with MS Office - Just About!

Vashti 23:53 17 Jun 06

Sorry for not answering sooner but the internet connection went down. Just got it back. Many thanks for the tip I will have a look at the website.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…