Colours when printing are too strong

amyfleur 04:44 06 Aug 05

All my photos are printing out with extreme colours.

The reds are brilliant scarlet. The blues are too deep. Which causes loss of definition of features. ie. People's faces do not show their natural detail. And skin tone is too orange.

However, the photos all look perfectly okay on my monitor. And I have had several hundred photos printed professionally via Tesco and Bonusprint and they always come out quite normal.

I have tried printing on my Epson Stylus R300 using various programmes ie. Epson Photoquicken, Adobe Photoshop, Picassa, Kodak, IrfanView BUT whilst they all look great on the monitor the printed result is too garish.

I am using proper Epson inks and Epson Photo paper.

Please can you advise me what I need to do to get better quality pictures.

I have read all the info. supplied and tried out various techniques but none seem to make any difference.

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

€dstowe 06:43 06 Aug 05

Have you tried this:

Go to "Start programs" and open "Printer and Faxes". RIGHT click on the printer icon and select "Properties". Click on the "Colour Management" tab.

Is the setting at Automatic and the profile listed in the box EE255_1?

Happy Soul 12:42 06 Aug 05

amyfleur, there are updated drivers on the Epson site click here including ICC profiles.

The colour profile on my R300 was set automatically to EE261_1

Happy Soul 12:44 06 Aug 05

Make sure you choose R300 in the Product, which is near the bottom of the list, not the 300.

woodchip 13:02 06 Aug 05

Printer properties, Saturation

Stuartli 13:13 06 Aug 05

I found that setting the colour temperature control on my iiyama monitor's OSD to "User" brings more accurate results.

jakimo 22:31 06 Aug 05

check that the drivers installed are for the stylus photo R300,and not the stylus 300 and the profile setting is "EE261_1" (auto setting)

Then by-pass your pc and print direct from your camera,or plug in the memory card into the printer and see what result you get

bluenote 20:55 07 Aug 05

try using a lower setting,as opposed to photo or best photo.

amyfleur 13:56 09 Aug 05

Thanks for your input people. I will be going through each and every suggestion later today and will get back with an update on how I get on.

amyfleur 13:34 10 Aug 05

I tried downloading the driver from Epson but although I went for the R300 (twice), I got R310 Series. I have sent feedback to Epson in that respect and hopefully they will reload the correct driver soon.

I've tried the other suggestions except using a lower setting. Other than photo or best photo there is only the text & image option - it's worth a try so I will give it a go.

I haven't tried printing from my camera or card yet because I like to tweak my photos, but again I will give it a try.

jakimo 20:52 10 Aug 05

The R310 driver is a replacement for the R300,just download it and the installation instructions and install

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…