Colours streaking when scanning

Schopenhauer 17:47 19 May 04

Could someone, please, tell me what causes horizontal streaking when scanning? This does not seem to happen for all images. At the moment I am trying to scan some photos which seem to be perfectly sharp but the colours streak horizontally when scanned. Varying the resolution makes no difference.

In case it's relevant, these photos are prints that were taken from transparancies.

All advice gratefully received.

€dstowe 18:35 19 May 04

At what point are the colours streaking? Is it the picture on screen after the scan or the picture you print on paper?

The first indicates a scanner software fault so re-install the scanner drivers and program.

The second indicates a printer fault either in the mechanism of the printer of in tis software.

TommyRed 18:53 19 May 04

Have a look click here I didn't resolve it as my printer cartridges are really low so I'm going to wait and change them first. HTH TR

Schopenhauer 19:31 19 May 04

Thanks for those replies. The streaking appears on the screen and then on the printed picture. I'll try on a friend's scanner and erport back.

Schopenhauer 21:13 19 May 04

Just tried using my daughter's PC, no problem, so I guess it's down to the scanner. Tried reinstalling, no better and Maker (Mustek) doesn't seem able to supply an up-to-date driver.
Never mind, good excuse to go for one these combined printer/scanner/copiers. Thanks for the replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…