Colours on my monitor

AJ Beer 07:46 23 Feb 04

Help please! My monitor is changing colour from the left hand side of the screen across to the right hand side for about 2/3 inches. For intance the threads box colours(to your left) is showing purple lettering instead of blue.Orange is changing to green etc. If I drag the IE window away from the left of the screen it all returns to the correct colours.
Is this what I think it is? My monitor is kaput???
I had to move it recently whilst doing some DIY and whilst I was very careful with it I did lay it on its side for a day or two. Will this have made a difference?

fredo3 07:52 23 Feb 04

AJ the tube is on its way out

AJ Beer 07:55 23 Feb 04

I thought it was. Oooohhhh dear!!! รดรด

Djohn 08:10 23 Feb 04

Have you tried the degauss button on your monitor? Sometimes moving the monitor will cause this affect but a quick click on the degauss will put things right again. j.

bloo meeny 17:28 23 Feb 04

Note: degauss button may show as a horseshoe magnet symbol with a line through it - If no button, then most monitors will perform degauss anyway when switched off for a minute, then back on.

See how it goes for a few days - but do NOT degauss several times in a row, you could make it worse !!

AJ Beer 17:57 23 Feb 04

Thanks for your help everyone. Rang Relisys, the manufacturer and found I still have a year on my 3year on site warranty. They listened to the problem and are sending a new one by courier tomorrow!! Wow I couldn't believe it. I have never had service like that .... ever!

Once again thanks to all who responded.
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant