Coloured squares and crashing problems.

SminkyGet 11:31 09 Dec 14

Hello

A month ago I had a problem with artifacting on both my desktop and in games taking the form of colored squares all over the screen. I had just recently installed the latest drivers figured perhaps they had become corrupted so I took the PC apart, cleaned it, rolled back to earlier drivers and it was fine.

Now the problem has come again, this time it looks like a definite hardware failings but I'm not sure where.

If I take out the Graphics card and use my CPU's GPU all seems fine. If I re-attach my 460 gtx I get the distorted colours and coloured squares, even worryingly during boot up (taking the form of white squares). The PC will eventually turn off if I leave it on for a while.

Does this suggest my PSU has gone bad? Is it just the graphics card, is it both or something else? I don't want to replace the Graphics Card just for the PSU to knacker the new one. The PC and components themselves are about 4 years old from purchase.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated my specs are

460 gtx 500w FSP group PSU i5 2500 4gb Ram win7 32bit ASUS P8H61-M

current drivers for the Gcard are from 2013 (as recent ones seemed to cause problems).

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5