Colour Separation Programs

originalmiscellany 18:20 08 Dec 04

I'm in a pickle...
I'm a teacher and use the Serif Programs - Webplus, PagePlus and Photoplus at school...
I could do with a program which colour separates into the component colours - CMYK - Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and something!

Is there any freeware computer program which can break a document down into four separate pages which can then be saved?

Does this make sense (I do hope so!)

Thanks

originalmiscellany 18:22 08 Dec 04

click here

About two thirds of the way down the page.

woodchip 18:36 08 Dec 04

GSP Designsworks does it but it's a old Program.The last update I had was GSP Power Publisher including Pressworks also the above for all desktop publishing

woodchip 18:39 08 Dec 04

It outputted to Panton colour separations for printing

PS the name is DesignWorks

woodchip 18:47 08 Dec 04
  Valvegrid 19:51 08 Dec 04

CMYK - Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, the something is probably Kelvin, which is the colour temperature.

I produced the following with IrfanView, a free program:

click here

This is the original:

click here

This is Yellow:

click here

This is Megenta:

click here

This is Cyan:

click here

And lastly, this is a negative:

click here

Is this any good?

originalmiscellany 20:32 08 Dec 04

I think between Woodchip and Valvegrid, you've got it sussed. I'll give irfanview a go tomorrow and see if it's suitable. Thanks again

originalmiscellany 20:34 08 Dec 04

if it's not a dumb question, how did you achieve your results?

Valvegrid 21:18 08 Dec 04

Sorry for the delay in answering, I've been watching the telly.

Not a dumb question at all. When you run the program, in the top menu bar click on Images then in the drop-down menu select Enhance colours and there are a set of slider controls to raise or lower the various colours. Although they are labelled RGB the opposite to these are YMC so you can add or subtract as you wish.

I wish it was as easy as that when I was setting up photographic printers and enlargers many years ago!

oldal 21:40 08 Dec 04

Serif PagePlus 9 can output colour separations in both "spot-colour" and "process colour i.e. cyan, magenta,yellow and black "

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…