Colour Profiling - Anyone know an idiot's guide?

Dan 11:28 15 Nov 03

Colour Profiling?

I'm trying to work out a way for me to get a colour print that matches what I see on my screen and according to my printer software if I use the ICM option that uses the inherent WinXP profile, but I also know that Photoshop contains profiles, there should be profiles for the monitor and so on.

HELP!

Any idea where I can find an idiot's guide to Profiles?

(My os is WinXP the monitor is a generically supported Taxan Ergovision 975, and the printer is a Canon i850)

Cheers

Dan

christmascracker 11:44 15 Nov 03

Anything here of any help?

click here=

christmascracker 11:45 15 Nov 03

That doesn't work, just type colour profiling into google click here

pj123 12:08 15 Nov 03

I doubt whether you will get any print to match what you see on your monitor. Everybody's eyes are different. You may like a dark screen and others may like a bright screen, the printer doesn't know that. If you have Photoshop you could try using Adobe Gamma which should be in Control Panel or on your Desktop.

BarryKeith 13:30 15 Nov 03

It's quite difficult to find a setting for your monitor that would give consistent results, although the screen colours remain as set, the way you see them can vary considerably depending on the ambient lighting and whether there is bright sunshine, a cloudy day or at night, the range of variation is so much that professionals use a windowless room with artificial lighting to ensure consistency.

Dan 18:08 15 Nov 03

Yeah the google approach is sometimes the best place to start, but then again I thought that someone in here might have been down this road before and know exactly where to go. :)

I'll pursue it further in Photoshop - thanks for the headsup pj123 to that.

Will try some tweaking I guess.

siouxah1 18:17 15 Nov 03

Hi there Dan,

Have a look at this site

click here

Have not searched the whole site, but you may find a few ideas here. Quite a complex/expensive avenue to take.

Regards Brian j

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…