David-234829 12:38 26 May 03

i am trying to print colour on my hp710. the colour red was not working. changed the cartridge but still didn't work. borrowed another printer a cannon bjc3000. connected it to my computer and same problem existed. took printer back to person i borrowed it from, reconnected the canon to their computer and now same print problem is occurring on that computer. we have unistalled and reinstalled the software for hp and cannon on both computers. any suggestions.

Wak 14:34 26 May 03

Will the printers do a test page on both computers and if so, are any colours missing???

David-234829 16:09 26 May 03

yes both printers on both computers now not printing red on test pages. new virus checker bought and run. nothing detected.

Wak 17:02 26 May 03

It could be a coincidence that both printers have run out of red ink or that both cartridges have a blockage in the red printhead.
I would try unblocking the print head of one of the cartridges by standing it in about 1/4" of hot (not boiling) water in a saucer for 30 minutes.
If water doesn't work, try Windowlene instead as that has worked in the past.
Also try standing the cartridge on a wet paper tissue untill the ink flows OK.

woodchip 17:15 26 May 03

If the printer as separate Print head it may need renewing as they do not last forever

Djohn 17:38 26 May 03

This is a really strange problem!

Two cartridges on one printer = no red

different printer on two systems = no red

Is there a link here that is being overlooked. What about the cables used on both printers/systems, is it the same or different?

You have removed then re-installed software for both printers. It seems too much of a coincidence for two printers with three different cartridges, and two different systems to have all run out of red ink.

David-234829 17:47 26 May 03

tied unblocking red, by the way no yellow either. it start to print a little red then stops but is a very little. different cables used on printers. am getting desperate now

Wak 20:40 27 May 03

Two questions for you:-

1. Are the print heads on the cartridges or are they part of the printer, and

2. Is the connection by Parallel Port or USB??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…