colour printer help required

medicine man 14:35 09 Mar 04

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 950 printer that was working perfectly until two days ago when I changed two of the ink cartridges. Now my prints are very green looking and lack definition. I cannot see that I altered any settings when I changed the cartridges, and even with a second set of brand new cartridges, the colours are just very green. I have gone through the trouble shooting bits and pieces of the help section attached to the printer to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas that may help. My understanding of things techno is limited so please make it ultra simple.
Thanks.
MM

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:41 09 Mar 04

Sounds like the ink i bleeding have you tried a head or nozle clean and are they proper epson inks or other makes.

Regards.

hector 911 15:11 09 Mar 04

have you checked printer properties, is colour set to auto, or draft mode or what.

you could also check print head alignment.

and also where you put in the cartridges, look under each cartridge in the cradle, is any cartridge ink points damaged, or blocked.

medicine man 17:08 09 Mar 04

all genuine epson cartridges. tried nozzle clean and head clean, I think one of the cartridges is a dud, and I reloaded by mistake. Back to the shop I guess.................

cable-ties 17:41 09 Mar 04

Have your new carts got a red tag you have to remove? Mine have and i recently failed to spot part of said tag was left in cart breather hole making it print really strange patterns

medicine man 16:47 15 Mar 04

sorted it out. was a dodgy cartridge. replaced at shop and working perfectly. thanks for all suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac