colour loss

moh23 21:19 19 Jan 04

my mother has win 98se and has lost some of the colour on the screen the wallpaper looks as though it is in safe mode,i have tried to change it back to 16 bit but nothing happens

it sound like the graphics card driver has become corrupt, try reinstalling it

moh23 22:13 19 Jan 04

how do you do that

Sheila-214876 22:22 19 Jan 04

Right click on your desktop and select Properties. Now select Settings and tell us what it says. Should be something like "Default monitor on (whatever the graphics card is)" Underneath that it will have the resolution and to the right of that the screen resolution.

moh23 22:27 19 Jan 04

im not actually on my mothers computer at the moment but if you run through it i will try it tomorrow

woodchip 22:38 19 Jan 04

See if she as got a Graphics driver on a disc and install it

woodchip 22:39 19 Jan 04

PS if it's a Motherboard Graphics Chip then the Driver will be on the Motherboard CD

moh23 20:28 20 Jan 04

i have located a device problem and wondered if this had anything to do with the colour,iomega parallel port zip interface(scsi adapter),what is this does it have anything to do with this problem and if so how do i fix it

woodchip 21:57 20 Jan 04

If you have a Zip drive it needs the correct drivers loading

moh23 22:03 20 Jan 04

where do i get them are they on the win 98 disk

woodchip 22:09 20 Jan 04

No you should get these with the zip drive, I would think anyway. Try removing the Iomga from Device Manager and restart computer see if it loads or asks for the correct drivers it will not harm anything to do the above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…