Colour Lasers

Declanworld 11 Aug 08

I've been using a friend's OKI C5300 colour laser to print wedding invitations, booklets etc. for friends and family.

I'm being persuaded to do this professionally but I need advice in terms of the cost of printing and, consequently, I have no idea how to charge?

Help!

Brian_B 18 Aug 08

You need to add up the cost of supplies and add a bit for "labour"

eg. my HP laser 3 cartridges do 2000 copies = £120
2000 sheets of paper (4 reams) =£20
£140/2000=7p each.

So the real question is ... how much can you get for your time ?

Declanworld 18 Aug 08

Thanks Brian_B. I'm okay with the time part - it's the cost to print I have difficulty with. When you say your cartridges do 2,000 copies how much coverage of the page are you factoring in?

Most of my intended customers will want full A4 picture coverage.

Declan

recap 27 Aug 08

If the quoted 2000 copies Brain_B has mentioned is from the manufatures specifications I would suggest taking a third off that figure for a full coverage. When a manufacturer states these figure they are basing them on a draft letter of two addresses and maybe a paragraph of text, this does not fill a page.

Declanworld 27 Aug 08

I'll bear that in mind, recap.

Thanks

JenM 21 Oct 08

i think if you print photos at home it's cheaper, but you need to be patient in organizing everything. i mean aspect ratio of digital photos if different than sizes of printed photos. this may bring confusion.

Declanworld 21 Oct 08

I'm thinking in terms of printing invitations etc., Jen.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London in 1 minute with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse film

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message