Colour Laser v Inkjet

HighTower 12:02 03 Mar 03

I've read a couple of posts already on the subject, but is anybody using a colour laser at the moment, printing around 50 sheets per week. I'm a bit concerned as most of the work I do is around 20% coverage, so would toner cartridges be consumed at an alarming rate? I'm attracted by it because I could really use the speed of them.

€dstow 13:20 03 Mar 03

A rate of 50 sheets a week doesn't fit very well with your requirement of the last sentence: "I could really use the speed of them."

Good colour laser printers are expensive and if I had a requirement as small as yours claims to be, I certainly wouldn't use one. Cheap colour lasers aren't usually worth the desk space the occupy.

Nearly all our colour printing is done by a number of inkjet printers. B/W printing (general office stuff) is by cheap mono lasers (which are good value).

HighTower 13:22 03 Mar 03

The speed thing is really due to my impatience more than anything, printing even a dozen full colour pages can take ages on an inkjet, but I suppose I could live with it!

Thanks for advice.

€dstow 13:27 03 Mar 03

We just leave the printers to it and go to do something else.

If you think you're impatient in your waiting for that, I don't know what you would be like while printing a 42 inch wide poster - which we do regularly!

HighTower 13:43 03 Mar 03

I'd probably hit it! Thanks again

Pesala 14:58 03 Mar 03

Rather than a Photo Printer, go for a general purpose inkjet. This one claims 22 pages/minute. I would take that with a pinch of salt, but I find that printing colour in draft mode is adequate for covers of my home-made booklets.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…