COLLECTED.2.- virus ??

daemon 18:59 25 Jan 05

hi,
every time i start internet explorer i recieve the message :-
VIRUS DETECTED while opening file c:\windows\system32\atukuqrn.dll
virus name collected.2.d
i am using avg and the only tab it will let me press is CONTINUE (not info,heal,move to vault or delete)then when i have continued straight away another pops up saying :-
VIRUS DETECTED while opening file c:\windows\system32\bnhkoibv.dll
virus name collected.2.e
i have bought norton antivirus to no avail and when i do a search for the aformentioned file name it appears not to exist, i have also tried numerous spyware removers
please can anyone help!!

johnnyrocker 19:24 25 Jan 05

if you had no anti virus previous to norton what exactly is giving you a virus detected message when you boot up?

johnny.

daemon 19:28 25 Jan 05

i was using avg, sorry if i didnt make it clear, i only bought norton in the hope it would be able to delete or heal the virus, which it didnt

johnnyrocker 19:47 25 Jan 05

if avg detected it what message did it give or did it quarantine it, if you have xp try running a scan with system restore disabled.

johnny.

daemon 20:11 25 Jan 05

run scan with system restore disabled and no virus found but same message as original thread when opening explorer again!! done reboot no change, johnny, top post gives the messages i get from avg and norton cant even find it

johnnyrocker 20:16 25 Jan 05

click here=

johnny.

daemon 20:22 25 Jan 05

thanx for the link johnny but the search seemed to come up with biochemistry results???

johnnyrocker 20:28 25 Jan 05

sorry bout that maybe your pc is human;) didnt read the search results that much sorry

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…