Collapse Directory

dalek111 20:07 16 Aug 09

Hi

I need a way to automatically copy every file in a large directory into 1 folder, not a whole directory. I do not want to do this manually, as it will take a long time. If anyone knows of a way (i.e., a batch code, (I did have a look at robocopy, but I couldn't find a method that works.)) then I would be very grateful.

Thanks for reading

DieSse 21:41 16 Aug 09

A folder is a directory - they're simply alternative names for the same thing.

So exactly what is it you want to do?

dalek111 21:48 16 Aug 09

Yes, I know. What i meant to say was i have a folder (or directory) containing files and many folders, which contain files many more folders folders etc. What I want to do it to copy just the files from all of this directory into 1 single folder, so they are not contained in folders, but single files.

Thanks for your response and I'm sorry for the confusion

DieSse 22:00 16 Aug 09

This claims to do so

click here

and XXCopy is also said to be able to do so.

click here

The only issue may be how they handle files with the same name, if you're likely to have any.

Can't vouch that either work as this is a task I've never done.

dalek111 22:16 16 Aug 09

The first one works, thanks a lot!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…