Cold boot problems.

gengiscant 08:58 11 Dec 09

I posted this last week:click here
and this is a bit of a follow up.
I am still having the same problems and have posted on the GSKILL website and feel that following a reply from GSKILL admin click here
I should replace my ram

The question is should I replace it with 4 x 1Gg memory modules or stick with the 2 x 2Gg ones?
Is there any difference in the overall speed etc between the 4 as opposed to having 2?
I will be getting the ram from this page.click here

Quiller. 11:12 11 Dec 09

If you are, it's probably to much memory.

Your graphics card is a gig and the rest of the hard ware takes it well over a gig. So you will just have 2gig + of physical memory to run the system.

That is probably why when you drop the memory down to 2Gb you get no BSOD.

Graphicool1 16:26 11 Dec 09

Take this link and let them check your PC and tell you how much ram your PC can use...
click here

gengiscant 09:00 12 Dec 09

I know how much memory my new build can take, my question was should I put 2 x 2Gg modules or just the 1 x 2Gg module, bearing in mind my graphics card has a Gg or maybe I should put 4 x 1 Gg again bearing in mind the graphics card and my OS, windows 7 is 32 bit.

Quiller. 11:37 12 Dec 09

3 X 1Gb would be the optimal ammount for your system, if the motherboard supports ual channel memory.

gengiscant 13:33 12 Dec 09

Decided to go the 6 GB route and update to windows 7 64 bit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…