Codecs

Scubaman 18:32 10 Oct 11

I am trying to add music to a slide show in Adobe photoshop elements but get the message: The selected file cannot be played because your system does not have the required compressor/decompressor (codec) installed. Any ideas?

SB23 19:02 10 Oct 11

Does this help, http://www.free-codecs.com/download/klitecodec_pack.htm

SB23 19:05 10 Oct 11

Sorry, but the link isn't working, Google "Free codecs", and the one I was refering to was the K-Lite codecs. Have used them before with no problems, hope they help.

Steve

Scubaman 19:08 10 Oct 11

I have downloaded K-Lite but when I try to add music to the slide show I still get the same message.

SB23 19:58 10 Oct 11

What format is the music file in?

I've just read that Photoshop Elements doesn't always like the .wma format. Other than that there does seem to be alot of issues regarding this topic, and I'm not sure.

eedcam 22:25 10 Oct 11

I got no problem with elements and WMA pray tell as asked what format ten I can try that as well .I 've never added a codec yer

Scubaman 12:45 11 Oct 11

The only details that I can find are - Audio Codecs: Windows Media Audio 9.2 128 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo 1-pass CBR. The track is from a movie soundtrack CD.

lotvic 19:45 11 Oct 11

Presumably you have ripped the movie soundtrack CD to your computer, what is the file ext of that ripped track?

eedcam 22:10 11 Oct 11

Audio Codecs: Windows Media Audio 9.2 128 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo 1-pass CBR.

thats identical to what I used in elements with no problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos