joe95 14:28 14 Jul 05

I am transfering cassettes onto discs and using Sound Forge 6 and when I use Nero to burn the disc I get a message saying such & such a track can't be used because some codecs couldn't be found.
Running WinXP Home with SP2.
Thanks Joe

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 17:49 14 Jul 05

Download and install the latest windows media player, real player, divx player and quicktine player.

Try to play the file through each player in turn whilst connected to the net. The reason being is that each player will look for the required codec. you may get the correct codecs that way

joe95 20:40 14 Jul 05

SurfMonkey _#:@}™
I have latest Media player with updates and none can be played using it.

joethebow 23:16 14 Jul 05

I find Winamp and VLC usually play anything.

Does the error message tell you what Codec you need?

There are a lot of free codec packs on the net, all you need to know is what codec you need and you can find it easily.

woodchip 23:25 14 Jul 05

Why not connect your cassette player to the Line in. and copy them to drive that way. with a sound recorder

joe95 13:10 15 Jul 05

I'm set up like that have done half a dozen tapes no bother but the last 2 I have copied 16 of the 20 were rejected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…