Codecs

goll_y 20:14 26 Oct 04

I've recently downloaded Windows Media Player 10. Some of the videos won't play. I've downloaded DivX but it still won't play. I've got GSpot which reckons it is a asf file.

Where can I get the appropriate codec? (Not in a codec pack please!)

goll_y 20:17 26 Oct 04

It's actually a .ace file

sat481 20:48 26 Oct 04

try the xvid codec from here

click here

Sat

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:50 26 Oct 04

Find out how you can watch that movie
CODEC FINDER 5.1 click here

MAJ 20:52 26 Oct 04

A .ace file is a compressed file like a zip file, you'll need Winace click here to extract the files.

MAJ 21:01 26 Oct 04

Oh!! I forgot to say, if you still have trouble playing it, do a search for the "K-Lite Codec Pack 2.27 Standard", it should allow you play just about any video file.

vinnyT 14:41 27 Oct 04

Go to click here (Betanews site), at the bottom of the first page is Mega Codec Pack includes everything needed to play online and offline computer media. This pack is from the makers of the K-lite codec pack. This version includes the Full K-lite codec pack as well as Quicktime and Realplayer codecs, and BS Player. This Pack includes codecs for the most popular compressions like Divx and Xvid as well as some of the less popular but still necesary codecs. This is your one stop codec resource.

It's a 20Mb download, but worth it, I don't use anything else.

If you just want the K-lite codec pack, as suggested by MAJ, I think it's on the 2nd/3rd page.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…