codecs

ollie < one> 21:22 06 Aug 03

hi all
i have downloaded some mpeg files and when i try to play them on wmp 9 the comp says that it is connecting to codec site, then i get a message that says error downloading codec, how can i find out what codec is reqd and where can i download codecs from running win 98se on amd xp 2100

thanks all

ollie < one> 21:38 06 Aug 03

hi all i have downloaded some mpeg files and when i try to play them on wmp 9 the comp says that it is connecting to codec site, then i get a message that says error downloading codec, how can i find out what codec is reqd and where can i download codecs from running win 98se on amd xp 2100
thanks all

mark500 23:46 06 Aug 03

click here And download the codec pack from the codec download page DUH!!!!!
This will run all mpegs and divx avi's,Including Xvid.Also comes with a player included which is as good as any other.

Ironman556 00:15 07 Aug 03

mark500's reply is probably better as it will support more formats, but for WMP 9, try the Windows Update site (top of the start menu)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…