codec identification

inapot69 13:04 15 Jan 07

hello again..
does anyone know of a program that will identify the codec required to play a video clip
i keep getting error messages thrown up by windows media player for some movie clips...i follow the link to "web help" and it gives me an error code...but i admit it doesn't make a lot of sense.
a freind of mine says he once saw a program that checked the file and identified the codec required to play it...
although he cannot remember where and what the thing was called...
i know, not a lot of help
has anyone out there any ideas?

Giant68 13:06 15 Jan 07

G Spot from click here

Giant68

birdface 14:03 15 Jan 07

Try this,click here And get rid of WMP,

€dstowe 14:49 15 Jan 07

Get the K-lite codec pack and never be stuck for codecs again. click here

Ignore the comments of another thread, K-lite DOES NOT contain malware.

birdface 15:10 15 Jan 07

What you need is a decoder Windows Media Player does not provide this,Easiest way is to donload the codec pack,Or download the player that I sent, It will play any type of DVD.

inapot69 20:02 15 Jan 07

i have looked at all your suggestions
and thank you very much
will give em a try
i have had vlc player for some time buteman
but even that didn't play em
it just gave the slider bar and nothing else
it moved rapidly across with no audio or video.
but once again thanks

birdface 00:21 16 Jan 07

If VLC will not play, you do have a problem,Can you remember what your error code was.It wasn't Framedyn DLL is missing was it.I have had problems with that for the last month,But I think I have now fixed it,If and when you download the codec pack, If it still does not work ,Write down the error code,A lot of clever folk on here,All they need is that little bit of extra help to find what you are looking for,

skidzy 07:01 16 Jan 07

While we wait for the error codes,you may like to try the AVS dvd player click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…