Code to get data from Word to Excel

Monoux 22:04 13 Jul 06

I’m looking for some help to create code to incorporate in a macro for the following. I have to scan forms which contain address’s then use OCR and save them as a word document giving each document a different three figure file name e.g 312 or 785. Each days scanning is saved to a folder made up of the date e.g. 13_07_06.
The maximum forms per day is 15

I then open the Word documents manually one by one and copy the data by using select all / copy. Each sheets data is then pasted to a separate sheet in an Excel spreadsheet.

I then use macros to sort the address’s as I need them to be.

I will obviously need to do the scanning and file saving manually but then I would like to automate the next part of the process. I need code to let me input the a date and therefore the folder to use, go to that folder open the first file , select/copy/ then paste the data to sheet one on the Excel spreadsheet. Go back and do it again (without the need to input the date again) for the next word document until all the word docs in that folder have been copied to Excel each to a separate sheet in excel.

Here’s hoping someone out there knows how this can be achieved TIA

Woolwell 22:57 13 Jul 06

I have OmniPage Pro 14 and with that I can open Excel and scan documents direct into eech separate sheet. This seems to do what you want without having to put it into Word, save and then copy across. Abbyy FineReader also allows me to scan direct to Excel.

Monoux 07:33 14 Jul 06

Woolwell-- Thanks for that I use Omnipage but its an old version and will only OCR to Word Docs.

Looks like I'll need to update unless someone can help me with the coding

Taff™ 08:19 15 Jul 06

click here for a Try & Buy version from Abbyy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…