Code for drop-down sub menu needed.

Ben Avery 15:28 14 Nov 05

I'm in the process of trying out a dropdown menu with background opacity in IE and Firefox.

So far, I've managed to get the dropdown part of the menu to work in both IE6 and Firefox but I'm struggling a little with the option of adding submenus to the submenus (if you know what I mean!).

The page (very basic) is located here click here and you can see the dropdown transparency working in the browsers.

In the code (currently hidden) is what code I've worked out for the sub-submenus and also where I'm testing it. By removing the /* section in the style area and the !-- area uin the body text you will see the effect I want.

Want I can't work out is how to make the sub-submenu appear ONLY when the "Home 1.2" button is hovered over and not ANY button in "Home 1" menu.

Make sense?

Help greatly appreciated!

Ben Avery 17:50 14 Nov 05

For the menu idea on a page with a little rudimentary styling to it, see click here

Ben Avery 17:51 14 Nov 05
  djinn 19:29 14 Nov 05

This might be of help.....

click here

Ben Avery 14:32 15 Nov 05

Managed to get exact desired result in Firefox. How can I adapt code to work in IE now?

click here

djinn 20:45 15 Nov 05

Did you have a look at the link I posted - I think there are some critical CC's for IE.

Ben Avery 18:02 16 Nov 05

sorry mate, looked at the link and missed one very important line!

Now seems to be working well in FireFox & IE6.

Works in Opera but no opacity due to it not currently being supported! Oh well...

Cheers all, closing thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…