Code 43 on an Nvidia card and Windows 7.

rawrghosty 11:08 09 Jul 15

3 days ago I installed a game (no it wasn't a virus) and ran it and my PC crashed but it didn't start, rather it went into an infinite loop of restarting without ever finishing it, I unplugged it and held the power button for few seconds and it fixed it but when Windows came up the resolution was minimal and I have all these blue freckles all over my screen (actually just on darker colors) so I thought maybe my graphics card died but I put the GPU into another machine and it's fully functional. Device manager says that Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43). I tried so many things and read so many threads and blogs everywhere but nothing seems to work. I did system restore, system repair, diagnosis for memory malfunction, registry fixes with ccleaner, uninstalling all drivers in Safe Mode and then installing new ones, tried installing an older driver, tried disabling the device in Driver Manager and uninstalling it, but when I restart the PC and windows automatically installs the device and updates it so the low resolution and blue freckles are here again. My GeForce Experience always wants to update to 353.30 driver when I already have that installed, so I guess it doesn't even recognize it. I also can't start Nvidia Control Panel because of a nvcplui.exe error which I also cannot fix. I am just out of ideas and nothing seems to work for me if anyone has any kind of different solution I'd be thankful, just don't tell me to reinstall drivers or I'm jumping off a bridge. The card at hand is GTX 560 ti.

rdave13 17:19 09 Jul 15

Just have a read here, Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.3.0.4 , the old driver sweeper. Best to run in safe mode and make a system restore point before trying it, just in case. Otherwise I'd be thinking about a fresh install of Windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…