Code 42 Hardware Conflict.

The Operating System King 14:53 05 Feb 04

Hi,

I was browaing device manager this morning, as you do ;), and noticed that a device called "Motherboard Resources" had a code 42 hardware confilct. I went to the nVidia site and dwonloaded the latest chipset drivers then restarted. Norton 2004 pro popped up when I logged on saying I couldnt use the software till I activated it again (previously activated on install about a month ago) I reactivated the software and restarted and it then wouldnt open. I resinstalled NAV and that appears to be working OK now but my hardware conflict is still there. I tried removing it and restarting, removing scanning for hardware changes and restarting and I have given up. I have a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 motherboard with an nForce 2 chipset and a 3000+ with a gig of ram. Windows XP Pro SP1.

The Geek 15:08 05 Feb 04

I restarted again after installing a game and it seems to have gone now but it did this earlier and came back again.

The Geek 16:14 05 Feb 04

Nope, it has come back. Any ideas?

AndyJ 16:20 05 Feb 04

Don't know if this will help click here

The Geek 16:21 05 Feb 04

I've already tried what it suggests but thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…