code 41

Alexy 16:01 07 Dec 06

is uninstalling a driver the same as deleting, have read a few messages to coreect the problem of my cd drive and I have to delet the drive but I'm only getting an option to uninstall

skidzy 16:06 07 Dec 06

Have you uninstalled any burning software,if so you may need to clear the upper and lower filters in the registry.

Missing cd/dvd drives can be normally associated with the removal of burning software such as Nero/Roxio/Sonic etc.

Try the below link first,if still no luck follow the Procedure of removing the upper and lower filters.

click here

If you have further any error codes,please post them.

Restore Missing CD/Dvd Drives

Missing cd/dvd drive
If it is showing an error code:
Code 19, Code 31, Code 32, Code 39, or Code 41
, delete the drive.

Then follow these directions for clearing the Upper/Lower Filters: (might want to print this out)

1. Click on Start --> Run --> and type in 'regedit' followed by the enter key
2. Expand the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" key (looks like a folder) by double clicking it (or
3. clicking the "+" next to it.)
4. Expand the "SYSTEM" Key
5. Expand the "CurrentControlSet" Key
6. Expand the "Control" Key
7. Expand the "Class" Key
8. Please look for a key containing the following string of letter and numbers:
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
9. High light this key by left clicking once on it
10. On the right hand side you are looking for "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" under the "Name" column, once you find these please delete them by right clicking on them and choosing "delete"
11. Please exit the registry by clicking on the "X" in the top right hand corner of the screen

Reboot your computer

If in any doubt,please create a System Restore point first.

Creating a System Restore point:

Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore…follow the prompts.

Alexy 16:18 07 Dec 06

TRIED THE FIRST LINK FOR THE CD FIXER BUT NOTHING TRYING THE 2ND ONE NOW

Alexy 16:20 07 Dec 06

want to go through the process of cleaning the filters but all I'm getting is an option to uninstall the drive and not delete, is it ok to uninstall the drive?

skidzy 16:25 07 Dec 06

First try this click here

Scroll down to the guided help and agree to the terms. and follow the prompts.

If still no joy post back.

If you can post the exact problem relating to Code 41,it would help.

Alexy 16:31 07 Dec 06

Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41) but I have not uninstalled any burning software. The CD drive just all of a sudden stopped working...it doesn't even show up in my computer

skidzy 16:33 07 Dec 06

If you have gone through the registry correctly,you may find just the lower filters,right click these and delete and reboot.

If i remember rightly,there is no option to uninstall just Modify/Delete/Rename or Modify.

My post at Thu, [email protected]:06 must be followed to the letter or risk corrupting the registry.

Only delete the upper filters if they exist and lower filters...nothing else.

Remember if unsure,create a restore point frst.

skidzy 16:35 07 Dec 06

If not showing in My Computer...follow the above advice.It should cure your problem.

Alexy 16:37 07 Dec 06

what is confusing me is that it says I have to delete the drive before I start clearing the filters, and when I don't know how to delet the drive, can u talk me through how to delete the drive

skidzy 16:38 07 Dec 06

Follow the above advice and reboot,it should sort it out.

Follow this:

1. Click on Start --> Run --> and type in 'regedit' followed by the enter key
2. Expand the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" key (looks like a folder) by double clicking it (or
3. clicking the "+" next to it.)
4. Expand the "SYSTEM" Key
5. Expand the "CurrentControlSet" Key
6. Expand the "Control" Key
7. Expand the "Class" Key
8. Please look for a key containing the following string of letter and numbers:
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
9. High light this key by left clicking once on it
10. On the right hand side you are looking for "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" under the "Name" column, once you find these please delete them by right clicking on them and choosing "delete"
11. Please exit the registry by clicking on the "X" in the top right hand corner of the screen

Reboot your computer

skidzy 16:42 07 Dec 06

You may have to uninstall the drive from Device Manager.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac