code 28 device driver (usb mp3)

razzledazzle 21:50 11 Aug 07

I had to reformat my hardrive and reinstall windows xp as it was corrupted, after doing it i reinstalled all drivers, except my two mp3 plays, Samsung YP-U2 and philips SA1106/02 i've tried installing from the disks i recieved with both of them and downloading from the product support sections on both websites, still i receive the code 28 device drivers not installed. has anyone got any ideas or me please?. thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:02 11 Aug 07

youdon't need to install usb drivers for your mp3 player if you are using XP.

Your installed drivers are probably conflicting with the XP drivers.

Refresh USB Ports
In device manager Uninstall EVERYTHING under the heading USB,
reboot the PC let XP find and install new hardware.
Your equipment should now be recognised.

razzledazzle 22:49 21 Aug 07

No this didn't help, but think that could have been to do with windows being corrupt, i did yet another reinstall...it's fixed now. but thankyou.

windmill bill 22:38 12 Nov 07

Hi there after installing the new Nortons 2008 my daughters Samsung YPK3 mp3 player now won't charge infact when she plugs it in to the computer it's 'not there ' it does'nt show up in my computer , needless to say she can't put any songs on it either would this have anything to do with the new Nortons? Any help would be appri ciated Thank you

Technotiger 08:49 13 Nov 07

Hi, somehow you have stuck this question on a very old (August) Thread.

Better to start your own fresh Thread to put your question to the Forum, click on Start new subject the rest is easy. Just a tip, when you start your new subject remove the tick in the box, otherwise you will be inundated with emails every time someone comes to your aid - unless of course, you want the emails.

Anyway, Welcome to the Forum - I guess you are new here, also it is not good form to enter a new subject in another persons Thread.

Good luck, I am sure you will get several responses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple